If you can't find what you are looking for, call us at 813-949-3500! VISIT OUR RETAIL STORE LOCATED IN LUTZ, FL ON THE CORNER OF SR 54 AND OAK GROVE BLVD - Open 7 days a week!
1/1200 USS Enterprise Aircraft Carrier
1/1200 USS Enterprise Aircraft Carrier Overview
Skill level: 3
Length: 205 mm
"Yorktown" Class: ENTERPRISE, HORNET, YORKTOWN. This type of aircraft carrier was developed on the line of the Ranger aircraft carrier, but they proved more satisfying in all the qualities. They were the most famous American aircraft carriers of the 2nd World War.
CV 6 U.S.S. ENTERPRISE:
- Launched: 3.10.1936
- Shipyard: Newport News
- Displacement: 19.800 tons
- Dimensions: 807,72 x 77,72 x 19,81 feet
- Machinery: 9 Babcock & Wilcox; Parsons gear turbines: H.P: 120.000 = 33 knots
- Armament: eight DCA canons of 130 (8x1); sixteen of 28,6 DCA, 3 catapults; 81 planes
- Crew: 1889 (in time of war: 2919)
- Battles: Midway, Landing in Guadalcanal, Easr Salomone (damaged), Santa Cruz (damaged), Guadalcanal battle, Gilbert-Islands, Kwajalein, Trukraid, Hollandia, Saipan, Philippines Sea, Palau, Leyte, Iwo Jima, Okinawa (attackted by Kamikazes on 11.5.45 and 13.5.45)
- Fate: sold to Lipsette Inc.: (N.Y.) on 27.6.58 and arrived in Kearny 21.8.58 to be demolished.